January 14, 2024
Bishop Emeritus David Kendall
"Jesus for President"
1. Would you like to nominate Jesus for President? Why or why not?
2. What do you think about the contrasts between the various agenda the people had for Jesus as King and the agenda God the Father has in sending Jesus as Messiah and King?
3. What differences do you see between Jesus’ agenda and the various agenda of social and political groups who are seeking your support?
4. What do you think about making this year’s electoral process a season of spiritual deepening and growth, an opportunity to root yourselves more deeply in JESUS’ way?
5. Can you trust that cultivating godly living and holy relationships would bring change in our world even in cultural and political spheres?
February 18, 2024
Pastor John Lane
"The Way of Jesus"
1. Do you have any house rules that you follow simply because you grew up with them? What are some of the house rules that vary from house to house? What are some of the odd rules that you have seen applied in different churches?
2. If we were to call ourselves "People of The Way" rather than "Christians", how would this impact our lives or how people view our devotion? Are there benefits to one over the other?
3. How does Philippians 2:5-11 help set the tone for followers of Jesus? And what "Jesus rules" can we draw from this passage?
4. What are some implications for our lives if we viewed our lives through the lens of joining Jesus on his path rather than on asking Jesus to join us on our path?
5. What changes do you feel the Holy Spirit calling you to in order to align your life with the way of Jesus?
Other Scriptures: Isaiah 55:8-9, Acts 9:1-2, Acts 19:8-10, Jeremiah 6:16, Deuteronomy 5:32-33, John 14:4-5